Corrigan Krause is a growing accounting, tax, and consulting firm dedicated to getting better every day.
What makes us different? We’re family. Through good and bad, thick and thin, inside and outside of the office, we are there for each other. Simply put, we CARE. We weather the storm as a TEAM, face challenges head-on, and collaboratively develop innovative strategies and solutions. Our people are second to none and the motivating force behind our success. We are dedicated to continually improving both as a firm and developing our professionals individually. We have the best clients (in our opinion), and the opportunities for growth for the right professional are abounding. If you’re a hardworking, forward-thinking, dedicated learner looking to join a FAMILY, not just another company, we want you on our team.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Assurance Services Department. The ideal candidate is an individual with 2-4 years public accounting experience, including compilation and review engagements, business tax preparation and planning, and individual tax preparation and planning. This position also requires familiarity with servicing closely held businesses and business owners.
The ideal candidate will be a team player first and foremost and help our Assurance Services Department and our firm as a whole, continue to push forward, innovate, grow, and succeed.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our expanding Tax Department. The ideal candidate is CPA or CPA candidate with 2-4 years’ public accounting tax experience ranging from individual and corporate tax knowledge and tax planning, research, review, consulting, and IRS examinations. Outstanding technical ability and oral and written communication skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will be a team player first and foremost and help our tax department and our firm as a whole, continue to push forward, innovate, grow, and succeed.
The ideal candidate will be a team player first and foremost and help our CS Assurance Services Team and our firm as a whole, continue to push forward, innovate, grow, and succeed. This position is perfectly suited for an individual with aspirations to be a partner at a CPA firm.
We are looking for a CS Assurance Services Manager to join our Assurance Services Department. This position requires a highly motivated individual capable of assuming immediate “in-charge” responsibilities on audit, review, and compilation engagements. This great opportunity involves handling multiple client engagements, special projects, supervising staff, review of work papers and financial statements, and front-line communications with clients. Working tax knowledge is assumed.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting or related field required
• CPA required
• 5-7 years of public accounting experience with closely held businesses; previous in-charge construction industry client experience required
• Compilation, review, and audit engagement experience required
• Construction accounting background is required, including but not limited to financial statement presentation, job costing, percentage of completion, and jobs in progress/complete schedule development
• Proven experience of developing, training, and mentoring staff required
• Foundation software (Specialized Construction Accounting Software) experience is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
• Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
• Assist clients with financial reporting requirements including compilation, review, and audits
• Assist in Firm administrative functions as assigned by team members
• Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
• Understand the construction industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
• A responsibility to professionalism and meeting deadlines with a willingness to adhere to stringent professional standards
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Delegate and supervise work successfully. Lead by example.
• Generate new business opportunities. Understand Corrigan Krause and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally
• Provide supervision, training, and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement team
• Develop goals and marketing plan for Construction Services
• Maintain high professional standards while representing the firm
• Consistently apply firm standards to work product while meeting client needs and expectations
• Willing to learn the industry and help us maintain and grow our marketplace position
• Attend business meetings and trainings as required
• Perform other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned
• Professional in attitude and appearance
• Possess the ability to connect with a variety of personalities
• Live out Company values: Integrity, Confidentiality, Well Trained, Caring, Creative, Passionate, Team Oriented
• Outstanding accounting and tax knowledge, focus on high quality with attention to detail
• Ability to lead a team of tax professionals and mentor staff
• Ability to use or quickly learn CRM and Accounting software
• Proven success with business development and business growth, both internal and external
• Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
• Be a team player who thrives working with a tight-knit company where their activities directly affect the bottom line
• Someone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and takes an ownership mentality in all that is done in this position
• Ability to perform multiple tasks within specified time frames
• Ability to perform intermediate tasks in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Outstanding written, grammar and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Exceptional analytical and project management skills
• Must possess excellent organization, presentation, planning, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to schedules/deadlines
• Must be dependable and safety-oriented
• Self-motivated and results-driven with proven ability to succeed
• Ability to work some nights and weekends as required, especially during tax season
• Enthusiastic about providing the best possible customer service for clients
• A roll up your sleeves, and all hands-on deck mentality to cross-functional tasks and assignments
• Strong relationship management and the ability to drive multiple tasks to completion successfully
• Resourceful team player and a positive “can-do” attitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Negative pre-employment drug screen and ability to pass a criminal background check
• Good attendance record
• Travel as required for client visits