During the busy tax season, we actively look for ways to maintain our mental and physical health. One such way is by defeating stress. The staff recently enjoyed a meditation class and a yoga class from local yoga studio Inner Bliss, located in Westlake.
The meditation class offered us an opportunity to focus on breathing, focusing, and re-energizing with practical tips. Something as simple as three deep breaths with visualization can allow you to look at a problem with a new outlook.
During the yoga class, yogis of all levels were able to enjoy an hour of active recovery from the day. According to Inner Bliss’s website, yoga’s benefits include:
- Builds strength & boosts energy
- Improves breathing & lung capacity
- Improves attention & concentration
- Encourages quality sleep
- Alleviates stress & tension
- Decreases anxiety & depression
- Calms the central nervous system
- Expands learning efficiency
Meditation and yoga was a brand-new experience for some of the staff, but everyone who participated felt the positive effects!