Beginning April 29, 2018, 2-step verification will be mandatory for all users logging into CCH Axcess™ Portal.
With recent rises in tax-related identity theft and phishing attacks, we want you to know that we take your information security seriously. A multi-factor authentication option has been added to your CCH Axcess Portal account, and we will begin requiring this increased security measure for all users on April 29, 2018.
The process is simple:
- Using the email address on file, the user will choose to receive a one-time passcode via email. We suggest that you take the time to add a phone number to your user profile as an added security measure. Then you will be able to choose to receive a one-time passcode via SMS text message or by a voice call.
- Users will be required to enter the correct one-time passcode in the CCH Client Axcess interface.
- Users will go through this verification process:
- Every time, if they do not check ‘Remember this device’
- When logging in from a new device, or from a new web browser on a registered/trusted device
- When going through the Forgot Password process to reset their password
- When logging in more than 90 days after their last verification
2-step verification is a cyber-security best practice strongly recommended by the FTC, IRS and the AICPA, among other organizations. You may already be using similar processes for your banks, email and other online accounts. Protecting your personal information has never been so important as it is today, and we think this change will help achieve that goal.