Chris Eichmuller shares how you can make tax time easier.
Are you ready? The time has come! We’ve been waiting to see what the government was going to do with our taxes for 2018, and then the end of 2017 and tax filing season snuck up on us! (Not really, that’s virtually impossible.)
So, what can you do to make this time less “taxing”?
- Gather all your tax documents as you receive them. Don’t forget to open envelopes, review the documents, and once you have everything together, send them to us! You can send us hard copies, or use our secure client portal (on our website) to scan and send us electronically.
- Sending the most accurate and current statements helps to speed up the tax return process. Many times, 1099s for investments are amended. Please let us know if that happens.
- Are you expecting a refund? Providing your bank account information for direct deposit helps get you that vacation money faster!
- If you have any significant changes from 2016, or expect changes for 2018, be sure to let us know that, too! We want to make sure to calculate any future estimated tax payments as accurately as possible. Relying on 2017 may not be the best approach.
- Just a reminder that taxing agencies are working hard to combat identity theft. As residents of Ohio, we will be asking you to provide your current drivers license or confirm your information from last year.
We are looking forward to working with you again this year! Please don’t hesitate to send us an email, give us a call, or write us a note with any questions you may have. We’re here to help.