Did you know that if even you have one employee, you are required to post labor law posters? Labor law posters define those federal and state employment laws that all employers must comply with at their place of business. These posters also notify employees of their rights under these laws. Employment laws change often and to be compliant, every time the federal and state labor laws change, employers are responsible for posting the new and applicable poster of the updated laws.
The failure to post mandatory Federal and State law employment posters can lead to hefty fines, which can quickly add up depending on the number of business locations.
Federal and State employment laws may differ, so it is important to post both posters. Some posters are required by all employers and some are required depending on the number of employees. Here are some examples:
Federal Employment Law Posters – (Mandatory)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster – Employers with 15 or more employees.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Poster – Every private, federal, state and local government, company or business with employees who are subject toe the FLSA.
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) Poster: Public agencies (including federal, state and local employers), public and private elementary and secondary schools, and private employers with 50 or more employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Poster: Private employers engaged in a business affecting commerce.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster: Any employer engaged in or affecting commerce, or in the production of goods for commerce.
- Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Right Act (USERRA) Notice: All employers.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services has a link that contains the Civil Rights Posters of Ohio Employers. Posters are in English and Spanish. Click here to download a PDF version of the posters.
The Ohio Department of Administrative Services at Ohio.gov has a page that contains all State Law Posters required. Click here for that page.