It’s that time of year again, tax time is here! Our goal is to take the headache out of the tax filing process – we’re here to help you make tax time less taxing. Every year, we strive to provide you with the best experience possible, and we take necessary steps to make the process easier and smoother than the previous year.
This year, we are excited to announce our Individual Income Tax Organizer process is now completely electronic through SafeSend Organizer! SafeSend Organizer will take the place of the organizers and questionnaires we’ve historically sent separately through the mail or the portal at the kick off of tax season to help you get organized. In addition to SafeSend Organizer, we will again use SafeSend Returns as our electronic delivery service for you to review and sign your return electronically.
What is SafeSend Organizers?
SafeSend Organizers is the software you’ll access to upload all of your tax documents electronically before the tax professionals at Corrigan Krause process your return. Your SafeSend Organizer also has a list of the items reported on your return last year, so you’ll be able to easily see what documents you need to include this year as well – no separate checklist to manually fill out.
Why SafeSend Organizers?
SafeSend Organizers is a great tool for sending Corrigan Krause your necessary tax documentation because it increases the security around the sharing of your confidential tax documents. No more emailing sensitive documents or logging into your client portal; you’ll upload everything directly to your Safe Send organizer for our professionals to process.
This will help us expedite the preparation of your return by eliminating the wait time on any mailed documents. Simply snap a picture with your smartphone or scan the document and upload the image to SafeSend Organizers. You retain a copy of all the documents you provide through the software, meaning you don’t have to wait for us to process and return any documents as we complete your tax return.
How SafeSend Organizers Work
If we have your email address on file, you will receive an email from Corrigan Krause at email@example.com. We recommend adding this email to your safe list to prevent it from being categorized as spam or junk. In the email, you’ll have a link to sign into your SafeSend Organizer. From here, you can start uploading all of your tax documents. For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome.
The Corrigan Krause SafeSend Organizers will roll out soon. All clients with email addresses in our system are automatically enrolled in SafeSend Organizers. If you’d like to update your email address on your account or to opt out of SafeSend Organizers, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see an email from Corrigan Krause at email@example.com by the end of January 2022, please check your spam or junk folder. Once the Corrigan Krause team has all your documentation, we’ll start processing your return.
What is SafeSend Returns?
SafeSend Returns is designed to simplify your review of your Tax Return and expedite the required steps for Electronic Filing. Clients who use SafeSend Returns are able to:
- Review their processed tax return.
- Electronically sign, save, and print their tax documents.
- Have a live link to their tax documents for up to seven years.
- Electronically access their payment vouchers and receive email reminders of payments due.
- Forward their tax documents to bankers and other professional advisors through a secure email link.
How does the SafeSend Returns work?
- Opt in by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with SafeSend in the subject line. You must opt in to SafeSend Returns. You will not be automatically enrolled even if you used SafeSend Organizers.
- If you opted in to SafeSend Returns last year, you’re still enrolled, so no action is needed.
- You’ll receive an email from email@example.com. Add this email address to your safe senders list to prevent it from getting caught in your spam folder!
- Click on the safe link to access your return.
- Answer the identity verification questions to review and complete your return.
- Electronically sign and return your e-file authorization form (Form 8879).
Corrigan Krause is here to help
Please feel free to reach out to your tax team directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. We look forward to working together this tax season!